Grilled Sirloin with Oven Roasted Butternut Squash & Asparagus
2-8oz. Sirloins (Trimmed)
2 cups Medium Diced Butternut Squash
1 Bunch of Asparagus
4 tbsp. Browned Butter (divided)
Salt & Pepper
1. Season sirloins with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature until ready to cook.
2. Place 2 qrt. pot of water on stove with 2 tbsp. salt and bring to a boil.
3. Add squash and blanch on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until squash is aldente.
4. Remove Squash and place on sheet pan.
5. Roast in oven at 350 for approximately 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. While squash is cooking, cut asparagus in 1.5 in. sections and place in blanching pot.
7. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until tender and drain post when finished.
8. Remove squash when done and set aside until needed.
9. Get 2 large sauté skillets hot on stove.
10. Add 1 tbsp. browned butter to 1 skillet and add seasoned steaks.
11. Cook steaks on each side for approx. 5 minutes to give a good sear.
12. Place steaks on small sheet pan and finish in 350 degree oven for an additional 4-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
13. While Steaks are finishing in the oven, add 1 more tbsp. browned butter to other heated skillet and add both vegetables.
14. Season with salt and pepper and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes to heat through.
15. Place vegetables on plate and top with steak and additional browned butter.
1 lb. whole unsalted butter
Place butter in a sauce pot and cook until starts to foam and turns golden brown in color. You will known when it is done when it smells like caramel. Skim the top with a ladle until it is clear of any milk solids.
You can store browned butter in fridge until needed. Makes a good accompaniment to steaks and any other meats and vegetables.